Zietsman Horn Inc.
VDB’s audit client base covers a broad range of industries, notably including:
- Property development and Investment
- Construction and engineering
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Technology
- Professional Services
VDB & Associates provide a range of accounting services to various business enterprises such as companies, close corporations, trusts, partnerships and sole proprietors.
Our services include:
- first-time recording of financial transactions from source documents
- Calculating and recording provisions and estimates
- Adjusting journals and changes to final accounts
- Management accounts
- Interim and annual financial statements
VDB & Associates has a passion for business and finance, and we involve ourselves with the latest developments in accounting principles, finance, business, commerce and taxation to make sure our clients benefit from our advice. We believe that accountants should play a major role in growing businesses and our services include:
- Providing strategic and sound business advice
- Financial performance analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation of business plans
- Business valuations
VDB & Associates provides independent audit and assurance services to our clients. Assurance services are audit activities that provide an independent, objective assessment of financial statements or compliance efforts.
We work hard to maintain high standards of professional practice, including a strong system of quality control, emphasizing independence and objectivity, which includes many control features that exceed our profession’s requirements. Our audits comply with International Standards of Auditing.
Our audit services include:
- Audit of financial statements
- Agreed upon procedures engagements
VDB & Associates assist our clients with complete taxation service. Whether it is companies, close corporations, trusts and/or individual taxpayers, we can assist.
Our services include e.g.:
- Taxation compliance services (submission of Income Tax, VAT, Import VAT, SSC, PAYE returns)
- Tax advice
- Application for penalty and interest reduction
- Application of tax submission extension
- Payment arrangements
- Record keeping
- TAX and VAT refunds
About Our Company
At VDB & Associates, business and people is our passion. We love to see growth achieved through our involvement in the businesses of our clients and continually search for ways to advance their interests
Our vision is to be the first-choice assurance, accounting, taxation and advisory firm for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) and entrepreneurs.
Our mission is to build trust in Namibia and to help our clients and employees be successful and reach their full potential by providing leadership and professional skills.
At VDB & Associates we value integrity and excellence in everything we do. We work together as a professional team and continuously drive quality in everything we do.
VDB & Associates was established in 2011 and provides audit (assurance), accounting, taxation and advisory services.
VDB & Associates currently employs 8 full-time staff and operates in Namibia and South Africa.
We are registered with the following professional membership bodies:
- PAAB - Namibian Public Accountant’s and Auditors’ Board
- ICAN - Institute of Chartered Accountants Namibia
- SAICA - South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- NIPA - Namibian Institute of Professional Accountant
Daniel van den Berg
Daniel is a Chartered Accountant in South and Namibia and has been working in the accounting and audit industry for more than 20 years.
His wide range of experience and his willingness to assist his clients in growing their businesses makes him a valuable and trusted companion in business.
Pieter J Swarts
Pieter is a Professional Accountant in Namibia and has been working in the accounting and taxation industry for more than 12 years.
He is committed to offer exceptional service to his clients. His attention to detail and trustworthy approach will be beneficial to the individual as well as businesses.